candy shop

miércoles, 5 de febrero de 2014

 

Im wearing: hoodie-sneaker freak by footlocker / cap-vans / trousers & sneakers-zara / ring-pull&bear / blacelet-obscure luxury / clutch-manov.
Ph BrunetteBraid




               I'm bout that H, town coming coming down
               I'm coming down, drippin' candy on the ground

             I know when you were little kids You dreamt of being in my world

                   Don't get it twisted, get it twisted
                   This my shit, bow down bitches

                  I'm so crown crown, bow down bitches.

              B.







I’m back! I’ve never taken such a long break from the blog before, we have a lot of catching up to do I’m sure. Life’s been a rollercoaster of emotions with almost a year since my trip to South America, turning up with a blog of my own and finally saying goodbye to the university, it all has given a new meaning to myself. The best part of it all is that good things are still happening, like going to the MBFWMx and getting to meet Prince Pelayo, and catching the Beyoncé concert (I’m die-hard fan) but again, the absolute best was putting an end to one of the most important phases of my life, with the best conclusion of all. That’s it, thank God, my final thesis project (which has been the main reason for my absence around here if I may say so) turned out to be such a success, personal and shared. What’s next? I’m at the incredible process of finding out. I must confess that closing cycles is always full of a certain nostalgia, I’ve that kid-ult feeling, you know? This urge to just turn back time.

I found myself cruising through Cancun (my hometown) for the holidays. If you don’t know this already, all people from Cancun have a weak spot for urban music, (hip-hop/dancehall/R&B) it’s like an integrated collective chip, you listen to it everywhere, all the time. My best friend Drea and I have always shared this inkling, from craving so badly for some glowing air force to be able to ‘snap’, all the way to dancing crank dat soulja boy on my bedroom every afternoon, we loved to go out on weekends and always enjoyed Cancun at the fullest. So, coming back to Puebla this days, I found deep in my closet this hoodie packed with swag (I swear I thought that was lost 4 years ago, but it used to be my favorite) and decided to take a stroll with Nicki, fresh out of the mechanic. (Nicki comes from an old nickname, Drea used to call me that back when we were 16 or so, it had something to do with a silly ghetto song and I decided to call my bike by it now).

During my stroll, I ended up at this mural, courtesy of my friend RobertoPartida, absolute genius, which inspired me to make this shoot. The truth is that kidult, apart from being a cultural phenomenon according to sparks and honey 2012. It’s the new fashion statement. Jeremy Scott with his hoodies ‘adult sucks then you are one of them’, to Katie Eary with their heavy geek and child-ish prints, just to mention a few from all of this references. If you want to know more about this trend see my latest article at the Les Zazous section for Worth Magazine. Like the good old times, this outfit is my version of kidult, which is yours?.




Love Y'all
T.B.M.




follow me



7 comentarios:

  1. Buenisimas las fotos para tu regreso :D
    es todo muy cool: la pared, la bicicleta y el outfit
    ya espero ver mas de tus outfits con tu nueva camara amigo!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You just made me smile in this horrible and cold day here in NYC !♥ Great photo shoot

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Genial la chaqueta!

    http://www.juicyguile.com

    :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I loved yours as well, thanks a lot! I follow you now

    ResponderEliminar